Filler, Buds and Berries
Class Date: 3/20/2020 Class Time: 11:00am-5:00pm
Class Length: 6 hrs Class Instructor: Natalie Porter
Want to make gorgeous filler flowers, buds and berries that don't take days or weeks to create?
Would you like to learn about color and how to use petal dusts to enhance your work?
In this class you will learn from Natalie Porter, award-winning artist and author, her methods for making gumpaste flowers that are quick, practical and beautiful! You will learn:
• All about color theory and how to use color to enhance your work
• How to color and work with gumpaste
• How to make a range of filler flowers and the skills to make many more
• How to make a variety of berries, perfect for adding in an accent color
• How to make and tape a range of buds
• How to use petal dusts to colour and enhance your work for a bright and realistic finish
• How to tape and arrange sweet little posies to use on your cakes
Student should bring the following supplies to class:
Class will be taught in English
Natalie Porter is the owner of Immaculate Confections, based in South-East England. She started making cakes in 2012 and has since grown a successful business. In 2014 she took the plunge and entered the prestigious Cake International competitions, winning Gold for her wedding cake design. Natalie has since won a further four gold awards and is really looking forward, now that her book, (Immaculate Confections – Book One: Sugar Flowers) is finished, to having the time to compete again! She has written and filmed tutorials for a number of cake magazines, including Cake International, Cake Masters, American Cake Decorating and Cakeflix, having had a number of cover features over the years. Back in 2016 she released the Rapid Rose, the first of a range of products designed to make the creation of gorgeous sugar flowers easy and accessible for everyone. Live demos and teaching are still Natalie's favourite thing as nothing beats the experience of being with like-minded folk, working together to create beautiful things...
Class Price does not include entrance to The Show. Show Tickets must be purchased separately.